- FolderShare.com is a free utility from Microsoft that is cross platform and does an excellent job of syncing your files across computers. All file changes are automatically synchronized between linked computers, so you are always accessing the latest documents, photos, and files.
- Dirvish is a free, fast, disk based, rotating network backup system. With dirvish you can maintain a set of complete images of your filesystems with unattended creation and expiration. A dirvish backup vault is like a time machine for your data.
- Unison is an open source file-synchronization tool for Unix and Windows. It allows two replicas of a collection of files and directories to be stored on different hosts (or different disks on the same host), modified separately, and then brought up to date by propagating the changes in each replica to the other.
- Rsync is an open source utility that provides fast incremental file transfer.
- SyncToy is another free application from Microsoft that helps you copy, move, rename, and delete files between folders and computers quickly and easily.
- cwRsync is Rsync for Windows, that uses Rsync and Cygwin for fast remote file backup and synchronization.
- DeltaCopy is an open source, fast incremental backup program. It is a "Windows Friendly" wrapper around the Rsync program.
- NasBackup is an open source backup solution using the Rsync utility. It is a high-performance, enterprise-grade system for backing up MS Windows desktop PCs, laptops and servers to network disks.
- PathSync is an interactive directory (path) synchronizer for windows. PathSync is GPL free software, each download package includes the source.
- Allway Sync™ is free file and folder synchronization software for Windows (with limitations). Allway Sync uses innovative synchronization algorithms to synchronize your data between desktop PCs, laptops, USB drives and more.
- SynKron is a is a Qt application that allows you to sync folders, for example a flash disk with a folder on your hard disk. Synkron is open source and is released under the terms of the GPL v2.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Sync files across computers
In this post I have collected a list of softwares that help you keep your files synced across computers (e.g. home machine, office machine, and your laptop).